I Use Centos5 as my Linux system operation. Default mono-core installed in centos is mono-core-1.2.4-2.el5.centos. This version is to old and I want to install or upgrade mono. This is a method how to install or upgrade mono in Centos5.
- Create a new repo config file. vim /etc/yum.repos.d/mono.repo and add the following text :
name=Mono Stack (RHEL_5)
- Save this file and update repo list with command : yum clean all
- install the mono server stack with command : yum install monotools-addon-server
- set up shell environtment so that it finds mono, mcs and the other mono tools. Use this command : cp /opt/novell/mono/bin/mono-addon-environtment.sh /etc/profile.d
- edit file /etc/profile.d/mono-addon-environtment.sh and change this line PS1=”[mono-addon] $PS1″ with #PS1=”[mono-addon] $PS1″
- Log off your computer and after login again, check mono version with this command : mono –version. This is output from my computer :
[toto@localhost ]$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.1 (tarball Wed Feb 23 20:24:20 UTC 2011)
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
Misc: debugger softdebug
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
- Now, you can install new version of mono addon. Example, I want to install mono-gdi, So I use command : yum install mono-addon-libgdiplus0
My name is Toto Sugito. This is my notes when I try something. Maybe, this is NOT THE BEST SOLUTION for your problems. If you have other method or idea that better with my post, please share in this blog. Thank for visiting my site.